Farizon, a Chinese maker of hybrid and electric trucks owned by Geely, has successfully closed a $600 million Series A funding round. The company intends to utilize the funds to expand its operations beyond China, with a particular emphasis on Europe.
- Farizon, a manufacturer of hybrid and electric trucks, has raised $600 million in a Series A funding round.
- The company, which is owned by China’s Geely, plans to use the funds to expand its operations outside of China.
- Farizon’s primary focus for expansion will be Europe, where it intends to establish a presence in the market.
- The funding round will enable Farizon to further develop its electric and hybrid truck technologies and increase its production capacity.
- Geely, the parent company of Farizon, is a major player in the automotive industry and has been actively investing in electric and autonomous vehicle technologies.
Farizon’s successful Series A funding round of $600 million reflects the growing interest and investment in the electric and hybrid truck market. With Geely’s backing, the company has the potential to make significant strides in expanding its operations globally, particularly in Europe where the demand for electric vehicles is rapidly increasing.
Farizon’s substantial funding will provide the necessary resources to accelerate its expansion plans and strengthen its position in the electric and hybrid truck market. As the world shifts towards sustainable transportation solutions, Farizon’s focus on Europe and its commitment to developing advanced technologies will likely contribute to its success in the global market.
Original article: https://techcrunch.com/2023/07/19/farizon-geelys-truck-unit-raised-600m-to-expand-outside-china/