In The News
Spotify has confirmed that it will be raising the prices of its premium subscription plan. The music-streaming platform, which has around 500 million users globally, will be increasing the price of its main premium ad-free subscription plan from $9.99 per month to $10.99.
Top things to Know
– Spotify is raising the price of its premium subscription plan from $9.99 to $10.99 per month.
– The price increase will affect the main premium ad-free subscription plan.
– Spotify has around 500 million users globally, with 40% being premium subscribers.
– The price hike is expected to help offset the rising costs of licensing music and producing original content.
– This is the first price increase for Spotify’s premium plan in the United States since 2011.
Original article: https://techcrunch.com/2023/07/24/spotify-confirms-price-hike-as-premium-plan-rises-to-10-99-month-in-the-us/